Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amitiza Oral.

10/11/2014 8:25:15 PM

Reviewer: littlefoot, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 39 year old female and I have been constipated most of my life. It got worse after the birth of my son 19 years ago. I have been dependent of laxatives for about the last 5 years. It is draining on me trying to live my life around having to take laxatives. I went back to the Dr. yesterday, she put me on Amatiza 24MCG twice a day. I took 2 pills yesterday and just took my second pill today. ... Show Full Comment

9/30/2014 7:28:00 PM

Reviewer: Groovy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Terrible... Should not be on the market! Doesn't work and makes you feel very nervous and anxious... Back to Dulcolax for me... I have tried them all but this drug is not good!

9/27/2014 3:26:38 PM

Reviewer: Laura, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Began using this medication after surgery for a rectocele. I had fecal incontinence & chronic constipation prior to the surgery. Combined with the FODMAP diet (created at Stanford)my bowel movements have definitely improved. I am very active, run daily and now I have my life back!

7/31/2014 9:41:31 AM

Reviewer: Susz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Within one hour of starting medication I had a headache. An hour later, I had reactive airways which did NOT improve in 1-3 hours. My breathing worsened over a 24 hour period, which resulted in needing an Epi pen & high dose of steroids. Not sure exactly what ingredient (active or otherwise) caused this but stopped taking it immediately. I may have difficulty with this classification of me ... Show Full Comment

7/2/2014 12:31:45 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This drug is AWFUL!! It gave me severe nausea, shortness of breath, stomach pain and great discomfort and when I did go to the bathroom, my bowel movement was watery. I intend to find a more natural way to treat my constipation.

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman