Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amitiza oral.

3/8/2008 6:30:41 PM

Reviewer: looking4answers, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I work full time and don't have time to be sick. The bloating and constipation have gotten so painful I had to try something. I have tried every stool softener, laxative and fiber pill/powder available; without results. I thought Amitiza would help...I waited for a day off and started my first dose, I felt very sick to my stomach and dizzy. It did generate the beginning of a movement that was ... Show Full Comment

2/27/2008 1:01:13 AM

Reviewer: Butterfly, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    The first time I tried this med was back in Oct 2007. The first months works wonderful.I was so happy as if I won the lotto.I have BM @ lest 2x a day. I did not experience any side effect and I was very very happy with it.For some reason after the first month I start feeling uneasy taking the pill after I had breakfast. The nausea was unbearable and I stop using it. I was on laxative for the pa ... Show Full Comment

2/24/2008 1:40:14 PM

Reviewer: ARC, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    After taking this medication for 5 days, I am having severe joint pains. It feels like the "flu" but it isn't. I'm terribly disappointed that I cannot take this to help my severe constipation problems.

2/21/2008 12:03:03 AM

Reviewer: queenieb30aol.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on amitiza for 6 months I thought I wouldnt get past the first week the nausea was so bad but I kept taking it even though I feeling horrible everyday, well after six months I can say i have a bowel movement every day and as long as I don't take the pill with dairy I don't get sick any more.

2/20/2008 8:13:25 PM

Reviewer: diva90210, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been extrememly constpiated. I drank plenty of water & took Dr. Natura but still nothing. This has helped me thus far. My doc started with a few samples and it worked! No side effects. (Knock on wood) ;-)