Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Amitiza Oral.

11/2/2007 4:09:09 PM

Reviewer: Williams, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Amitiza works for me and somethings it doesn't. I was one of the first few to take this drug. I had to go to Baylor in Dallas, Tx. to get it. I wish the FDA would put Zelnorm back on the market. That drug was a life saver. I've had to quit my job I have IBS so bad. Some days I can't get out of bed I'm so sick with cramping, bloating, weak.

10/21/2007 6:00:31 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this medication after 6 months of acute constipation. I am going to have a breath test with Lactulose, to determine if I have an overgrowth of bacteria. I certainly hope that I do, so that this can be corrected. The only problem with the Amiteza is that it creates a liquid stool. AT first the gas and abd noise was huge, but that has simmered down. So, the plus is that I am actually h ... Show Full Comment

10/10/2007 11:20:02 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have IBS and at first this medication was wonderful. But like other medications, after one month I am back to using laxitives once again. I did experience the need tohave a movement about 20 minutes after taking the medication. Now I have bloating and discomfort.

9/29/2007 10:12:01 PM

Reviewer: iris, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
has worked well for me. can tell a difference when i go off the drug. unfortunately my insurance does not cover so must rely on samples from the doctor which results in sporadic use

9/29/2007 2:56:56 PM

Reviewer: mullylin14, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Unfortunately, this is not working for me, I still have to take oral laxitive @ 2-3 daily or I will continue to have chronic constipation! My BM is diarrhea or constipation, no in between, which should be happening.