Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of amitiza oral.

5/2/2015 1:56:59 AM

Reviewer: JW, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
The samples worked great with only one capsule taken twice a day. Filled the prescription and after paying $155 for my 20% copay, Amatiza is not working, despite taking as many as six capules a day. Something has to be wrong with this batch. Plan to call my doctor and pharmacist to discuss situation.

4/15/2015 12:15:35 PM

Reviewer: Becca, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
I have had chronic IBS my whole life due to too much intestines that as a child I did not have removed when Doctor suggested it. Going days to almost a week with out a BM my whole life and I was active, ate healthy living on lettuce and apples (the only thing that some what helped) Now disabled and no exercise and all the opiates, I was miserable. This drug is the best thing for me and the side ef ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2015 11:45:13 AM

Reviewer: goldfinch, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
While the medicine did what it is supposed to do, I had a severe reaction to it. The side-effects mentioned the possibility of "chest tightness" & that is what happened. I was on the medicine for3 days and each day the symptom got worse. Even after quitting, the sensation that I had severe chest congestion remained. I have been off of it for over 3 weeks now and still have that sen ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2015 11:30:42 AM

Reviewer: jeanne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have had chronic severe constipation since I was a child. Dr. put me on this a week ago and told me I may need to take Miralax the first 2-3 days until the Amitiza began to work. NOTHING...I cannot sleep and even with the daily Miralax it is not working (24mcg dose twice daily). I am totally frustrated and after reading these reviews am quite sure the side effects and cost are not worth it.

3/2/2015 2:12:32 AM

Reviewer: James, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Amitiza 24MCG Caps for over two months, with very little help, but then before NOTHING would help! I switched over about 11/2 months ago to Linzess 290MCG Caps, with absolutely no results over two weeks, so I switched back to Amitiza! Sorry I was not very helpful.......I sure wish I was!!

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver