Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of amitiza oral.

1/24/2008 10:45:08 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female

Comment:
I have been taking this drug ever since Zelnorm was pulled off the market. I think it has actually worked a little better than the Zelnorm in helping with the constipation but the side effects are pretty bad. The nausea, indigestion and achiness can be very hard put they pass after about an hour. I also cut back to only taking it once a day because of this. I hate to stop taking it altogethar be ... Show Full Comment

1/24/2008 7:10:47 PM

Reviewer: CVegas5, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
For me with IBS and chronic constipation, Amitiza worked pretty well for the first week or so then it was only so so. But the side effects far outweigh its benefits. I've had terrible headaches everyday and the nausea is almost unbearable. I too miss the Zelnorm. It worked and I never had any issues with it and I was on it for four years.

1/23/2008 8:57:21 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I take Amitiza for IBS with constipation. It has helped tremendously with my constipation. However, I do experience minor to severe headaches everyday and a drop in blood sugar if I take the medicine with a small breakfast. I recommend taking it with lunch and dinner. This will help prevent the drop in blood pressure, but still expect a headache.

1/23/2008 5:36:42 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I WAS TAKING AMITZA 2.5 WEEKS THE 1ST. DAY I HAD A BM NO MORE THEN I HAD TO A LAX. THEN NOTHING 13 DAY LATER I HAVE A COMPLETE OBSTURCTION HOW I SIT AWAIT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL. WILL LET YOU KNOW.

1/12/2008 4:32:55 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Took several days before I had results, and the side effects are extremely uncomfortable. I experienced nausea, bloating, headache, achiness in my legs, a general malaise. It did finally work, but the side effects are almost not worth the results. Don't know if I'll continue taking or not.

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash