Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Emsam transdermal.

5/20/2012 3:52:12 PM

Reviewer: snookums4, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I HAVE TO ROTATE THE PATCH!,or irritation! I have to wash & dry the area completely before applying the patch EVERY DAY! Sometimes some things make me pretty sad=I have found that to be normal, and it doesn't last either. I am grateful for how I now feel. I have found that I cannot do ANY FORM OF SUGAR, or I am buzzed and do not want to go to bed! This has been the most difficult for me cu ... Show Full Comment

3/28/2012 7:21:02 PM

Reviewer: chas_sp@hotmail.com, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
12/08/07, Started 6mg. stopped using 07/11, now the depression is back due to stress related factors,has some sexual side effects,will probably restart using,i just have no drive to do anything...

12/28/2011 9:16:11 AM

Reviewer: keith, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
hello my name is keith. i take other meds with emsam.my depression has gotten worst over the last few weeks.ive started thisilyn,b3 and b12.can these vitiams effect taking emsam?

7/20/2011 7:20:26 PM

Reviewer: Cindy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Shrink told me to do research on emsam patch. SO I called my pharmacist and she told me it would interact with Cymbalta, which I am taking, Dr knows that and I can't get off Cymbalta. Second there are diet restiction. No cheese, bananna, avocada, wine, beer and no coffee. Pharmacist said she was surprised Dr did't tell me the Cymbalta interaction or the diet restrictions..SO can't use ... Show Full Comment

5/24/2011 11:03:01 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My depression has dissapeared completely. I feel like my "old self" again with a positive outlook, more energy and very few negative thoughts. My side effects are: chills, dry mouth, some trouble falling and staying asleep and irregular heartbeat which I have a history of.