Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of YAZ 28 Oral.

11/27/2007 4:41:18 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking Yaz for birth control. It's easy to use and effective in proventing pregnancy (at least thus far), but as far as my periods go, i have experienced bleed ingfor an excessive amount of time (usually 2-3 weeks).

11/25/2007 8:46:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Once I started taking Yaz, my period has been going on for 2 weeks, non-stop, plus severe abdominal pain (just like when you have PMS, only now it's EVERY day). I am going to stop taking the pill, it's not worth the pain and discomfort.

11/4/2007 8:00:23 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
This is supposed to treat symptoms of PMDD, but I experienced SEVERE mood swings for the first time while on this drug. I cried everyday for several hours a day and seriously considered seeking therapy and anti depressants to control my moods. I also had terrible acne breakouts, worse than when I was a teenager. As soon as I went of Yaz, my mood stabilized, my acne cleared up, and I am back to ... Show Full Comment

10/29/2007 2:12:42 PM

Reviewer: redbone, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Yaz has made my mood swings worse my face has started to have breakouts of acne ( in which i have never experienced before. I have gained 15 pounds since starting, which has been about 5 months. I would not recommend this to my friends

10/17/2007 11:48:51 AM

Reviewer: spankyrae, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
It made my PMS worse, and earlier than usual (about 2 weeks into my cycle). While it did clear up my acne & make the periods shorter, I also experienced an increase or onset of anxiety/depression.