Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of YAZ 28 oral.

6/10/2012 1:27:03 AM

Reviewer: Allison, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Yaz was the first birth control I had ever been on so obviously I was nervous. My doc recommended it to me to prevent pregnancy and to help clear up some mild acne. Upon taking the pill, my acne DID get a lot worse and didn't clear up till about my 5th month taking Yaz. I was extremely discouraged due to how bad my acne had gotten (instead of better) but I gave it a couple more months and it d ... Show Full Comment

6/9/2012 11:54:36 AM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Pros: it prevented pregnancy and was easy to take. Cons: Took it for 2 months and I already had mild acne that I was trying to clear up. My acne got worse and I started getting huge painful continuous cysts underneath my skin (I had never gotten cysts before). It took 2 to 3 weeks for each one to heal. My blood pressure was abnormally high when it's usually pretty low, (got it checked twice), ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2012 1:09:24 AM

Reviewer: Jljack, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on SEVERAL different types of birth control over the past 15 years, and Yaz has been the VERY BEST ONE of Any of it!!!!! Cleared up my skin, no mood changes, no lowered sex drive, light periods, etc. the ONLY downside was spotting between periods. But I can handle that!! I LOVE this pill! Been on it 5 years!

3/15/2012 12:29:31 PM

Reviewer: soporific, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had extreme weight gain when taking Yaz (I've also tried Ortho Tri-Cyclen, which I hated but at least that one didn't make me gain weight). I think overall I gained close to 15lbs on it (without changing my diet at all). Otherwise, Yaz did not affect my mood whatsoever.

3/7/2012 2:58:37 PM

Reviewer: noYAZ4me, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I just stopped taking Yaz. It made me have menopausal symptoms and I thought I was going insane! (I'm in my late 20's) I experienced night sweats, hot and cold flashes during the day, it made my period nearly inexistent, severe mood swings and irritability, loss of libido (except during the second week), fatigue, severe insomnia, dizziness, memory lapses, irregular heartbeat, breast ... Show Full Comment