Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ambien oral.

1/24/2008 1:03:35 PM

Reviewer: Laurel1nd, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have trouble falling asleep; 5 mg of Ambien didn't help so my DR increased the dose to 10 mg. I didn't just walk in my sleep; I ate, I made lengthy long distance phone calls, I placed orders on the Internet for things I neither needed nor could afford, and ordered things by phone, and I took other prescription medicines. All with absolutely no memory of the events. I was told by friends ... Show Full Comment

1/24/2008 8:33:27 AM

Comment:
Ambien is highly addictive. I used half of a 5mg tablet 3 days in a row and can no longer sleep without it.

1/23/2008 11:21:20 PM

Reviewer: sleeplessness in Michigan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
ambien has been a nightmare for me when I take it I only sleep for four hours if I don't take it I can't sleep at all, and when I do take even a small dosage of 5mg 1/2 of the 10 mg I was told to take I sleep eat, walk, fall down and hit my head, fell off the toliet, call people in the middle of the night long distance and close to homeget on the computer order items, and don't remembe ... Show Full Comment

1/23/2008 4:22:54 PM

Reviewer: val, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
while i fall asleep my main complaint is i do not stay asleep for the whole night. i usually take ambien around 9 pm and always wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning and i am unable to get back to sleep.

1/22/2008 12:35:59 AM

Comment:
I started taking ambien when it first came out and now I totally regret it. It is addictive and I recommend that anybody even thinking of taking ambien should try every other possible choice first. It is a really scary drug because you'll end up doing things in the middle of the night like cook, look for something you misplaced, make phone calls and a lot more and in the morning it will all be ... Show Full Comment