Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of ambien oral.

1/19/2008 4:35:26 PM

Reviewer: minnie2007, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Ambien is very good for helping me fall asleep, but not staying asleep. I told my Dr of this & he said to try Ambien CR. There is a generic for regular Ambien, but not for Ambien CR. A 30 day supply @ Walgreens cost me $143.00. Also, the Ambien CR makes me very tired in the a.m. even with 8-9 hrs of sleep. Like it hasn't "worn off yet". I'm going back to regular generic Ambie ... Show Full Comment

1/18/2008 1:41:56 PM

Reviewer: kshields, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take 10 mg when needed. I suffer from severe insomnia tested in a sleep center. However after not taking the drug after a week I find a side effect of nightmares. Has anyone else had this problem after treatment for a week?

1/17/2008 10:46:05 PM

Reviewer: buzzmehoneybee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i do not lay awake at night with 50 things on my mind for hours and hours.

1/15/2008 1:30:05 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Worked very well for getting me to sleep. Staying asleep after a few hours was the problem. Supplementing with Benadryl seemed to help but dried me out. I tried CR but it didn't work for me. I did not find it addicting at all and I was taking it for over 2 years. I could take it at any time in the evening and still stay up as long as I wanted. I would fall asleep though the minute I hit ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2008 4:31:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Much easier to fall asleep and if I do wake up to go back to sleep, In the morning, I wake up feeling rested and not drowsy