Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Megace Oral Oral.

9/23/2012 11:48:12 PM

Reviewer: verrah, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
have had some side effects of hands,face,and feet.Also sometimes sudden sweating for no apparent or obvious reason but has been great for my appetite and have gained15 lbs in 7 weeks and have ALWAYS been very tiny and underweight. I def recommend trying this med for weight gain!!!!

2/27/2012 8:49:25 PM

Reviewer: thumperzluv, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My husband lost a lot of weight quickly and after many tests, they had no clue why. He has been on Megase 40 MG/ML suspension, 3 tsp. per day and has gained 25 pounds in a month ! I really thought I was going to lose him to malnutrition, but he's back !

1/26/2012 8:08:41 AM

Reviewer: Soulcr8, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had 3 surgeries in the past 11 mo. for Squamous cell Carcinoma, I have only been on Megace for 8 days now. I used to weigh 165 Lbs. I went down to 97 Lbs. I had 0 interest in food, I was soo... tired,I take 20 ml/80 mg. Once daily, and I can report An insatiable appitite. I have gained 11 Lbs. this week alone. This med. has saved my life. I will take Megace and stuff my Face as long as I ... Show Full Comment

1/22/2012 10:29:14 PM

Reviewer: Corrina, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor tried me on this medication for 30 days due to severe nausea/vomitting and weight loss. During this time I gained 14lbs and it not only greatly increased my appetite, it also, for whatever reason, greatly decreased the instances of vomiting. It does not taste good, but is very easy to use and well worth it to me.

1/20/2012 6:02:49 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed Megace due not being able to diagnose my disease and was feeling as if I was about to die. I was given 3 snoreplasty injections in Aug and Sept of '04. Three weeks or less after the second injection, I completly lost my appitite and could not make myself eat and now realize I was suffering from adrenal insufficcency. It took until March of '07 to get the correct diagnos ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture