Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Testopel Impl.

6/19/2011 6:18:57 PM

Reviewer: chaptj, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Implant of 16 pellets, 3 extruded which was scary, painful and gross. Pain of insertion lasted over a month. Black hole now in my buttock.

6/18/2011 9:09:56 AM

Reviewer: King Charles, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am 51 and was getting testostorone injections every 3 eeks for the last 13 years. I decided to try this since my insurance would cover with only a 40 copay. I won't get it again. It was very painful, I am sore and black and blue. I don't feel any better. The injections worked fine so I will go back to them. I do not recommend this drug!

6/16/2011 10:20:19 AM

Reviewer: tominnc, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on testosterone treatment for almost 40 years for low testosterone levels that were noticed after the maturation process was extermely slow. All, but for a very brief time using testosterone patches, I was treated by IM injections every 3 weeks. The frequency was shortened to every 2 weeks much later in my treatment. I dreaded every scheduled treatment of giving myself an injection. So ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2011 3:24:21 PM

Reviewer: Fred, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I used Androgel for a few years with limited results and it was annoying to apply every day - I've had the Testopel pellet procedure six times now – started with 10 pellets then 12 now at 15 with desired levels – very painful 1st time I later found out the Dr. was new at it… now he’s faster and it’s a little less painful – it’s uncomfortable for about two weeks - the bruising is bad every time ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2011 7:03:58 PM

Reviewer: 1bigguy1969, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Androgel for two years with no improvement in numbers. My first insertion of testopel was good but my numbers crashed within two months on eight pellets. My doctor put in ten this time, so I'm hoping for more energy and better control with my diabetes.

Does your kid have symptoms?