1. Don't double up on doses. Ask your doctor what you should do if you accidentally miss a dose of your blood thinner.
2. Be more careful when you exercise or are doing activities. "Even a trivial cut is going to bleed a lot on these medications," says Molly Cooke, MD, of the University of California, San Francisco.
3. Wear gloves when you use sharp objects like scissors, knives, and gardening tools.
4. Switch to an electric razor.
5. Wear shoes as often as possible -- always when you mow the...