10 Questions for Doctor About Erectile Dysfunction
Since you or a loved one was recently diagnosed with erectile dysfunction (ED), ask your doctor these questions at your next visit.
- Could an underlying illness be causing my erectile dysfunction or making it worse?
- Could any of my medications be causing my ED or making it worse?
- If so, can I safely change my medications or their doses?
- How might the use of tobacco or alcohol contribute to ED?
- Could stress or other psychological problems be contributing to my erection difficulties?
- Should I see a counselor, a sex therapist, or a psychiatrist?
- Could a drug like Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, or Viagra work for me? If not, could another drug be an option for me?
- How can I take ED medication safely, and what side effects should I look for?
- How much improvement can I expect?
- What nonmedication treatments (such as implants, vacuum devices, or surgery) are available? What are the pros and cons of these treatments?