Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you
had your symptoms?
- Do your symptoms affect one or both
- Have you had this problem in the past? If so, do you know
what caused the problem at that time? How was it treated?
- Do you
wear contact lenses or eyeglasses? Do you think the problem is because of your
- Have you had any vision changes, pain in the eye, double
vision, excessive tearing, or increased sensitivity to light?
you had any exposure to toxic fumes, chemicals, or smoke?
anyone in your family or at your workplace have an eye infection, such as
drainage from the eye or red and swollen eyelids?
- Do you have
allergies, or are your eye symptoms occurring at certain times of the
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines have you used?
Did they help?
- Have you recently traveled outside the
- Do you smoke?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
May 04, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.