Pinkeye - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- Have you had any vision changes, increased pain in the eye, or increased sensitivity to light?
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what caused the problem at the time? How was it treated?
- Do you wear contact lenses or eyeglasses?
- Does anyone in your family or at your workplace have signs of an eye infection, such as drainage from the eye or red and swollen eyes?
- Have you been exposed to fumes or chemicals?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.