Adult Eye Exams
Tips for Finding an Eye Doctor
Here are five ways you can find an eye doctor who is right for you:
- Ask family or friends which eye doctor they use.
- Request a referral from your family doctor.
- Have a hospital or university medical center nearby? Call the department of ophthalmology or optometry for information.
- Contact state and county academies, associations, or societies of optometrists and ophthalmologists, and ask if they can help you.
- You may also get a list from your health plan or health insurance company.