Call 911 if:
- You think the food poisoning may be from seafood or mushrooms.
- The person is severely dehydrated.
1.Control Nausea and Vomiting
- Avoid solid foods until vomiting ends. Then eat light, bland foods, such as saltine crackers, bananas, rice, or bread.
- Sipping liquids may help avoid vomiting.
- Don’t eat fried, greasy, spicy, or sweet foods.
- Don’t take anti-nausea or anti-diarrhea medication without asking your doctor. They may make some kinds of diarrhea worse. Your doctor may give you anti-nausea medication if you are at risk of being dehydrated.
2. Prevent Dehydration
- Drink clear fluids, starting with small sips and gradually drinking more.
- If vomiting and diarrhea last more than 24 hours, drink an oral rehydration solution.
3. When to Call a Doctor
Call a doctor immediately if symptoms last more than 3 days and include: