Call 911 if the person has:
- Chest pain, including pain that is crushing, squeezing (feels like a heavy weight on the chest), or is sharp and stabbing, especially if it is worse with deep breaths
- Difficulty breathing
- Racing heartbeat
- Fevers or chills
1. Reassure the Person
- Calm the person to help reduce anxiety.
2. Help the Person Relax Breathing
3. When to Get Medical Help
Go to a hospital emergency room if:
- The person's symptoms don't get better after several minutes.
- Symptoms get worse or the person is in pain.