Animal and Human Bites - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- When did the bite occur?
- Where were
you when the bite occurred?
- How did the bite occur? Describe what
- Were you bitten by a domestic pet or a wild animal?
- Do you know the animal, or was it a
- Was the animal acting strangely?
- Is the animal
- Have you notified your local animal control
- Was the bite provoked?
- What are your
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did
they help? Be sure to include any nonprescription medicines you have taken or
used. Did they help?
- When was your last
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 10, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Animal and Human Bites Topics