Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin - Check Your Symptoms
Call a doctor if:
- The pain is severe.
- You can't use or move the bruised body part.
- You have signs of infection. These may include increased pain, swelling, warmth, or redness; red streaks leading from the bruise; and fever.
- You suddenly start to bruise easily, or you have lots of bruises for no clear reason.
- After a blow to the eye:
- You have blood in the colored part of your eye or blood in the white part of your eye.
- You have vision changes.
- You can't move your eye normally in all directions.
- You have severe pain.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin Topics