Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a personal or family history of bleeding disorders or bruising easily?
- Are you taking any prescription or nonprescription medicines? Bring a complete list of your medicines with you to your appointment.
- Do you take any vitamins or dietary supplements? Describe your diet.
- Have you had any recent injuries or blood transfusions?
- Have you had any nosebleeds, bleeding gums, blood in the urine, unusual or unexpected heavy menstrual flow, or fever?
- Have you had any recent illness or changes in your health?
- Have you recently traveled outside the country or to a rural area?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Bruises and Blood Spots Under the Skin Topics