If you have any of the following
symptoms, evaluate those symptoms first.
Chemical has been swallowed that may be a
poison or causes burning in the mouth, throat, or the
esophagus: call your local Poison Control Center or the National Poison Control Hotline (1-800-222-1222) immediately for information on treatment. When you call
the Poison Control Center, have the chemical container with you, so you can
read the contents label to the Poison Control person. The Poison Control Center
can help determine what steps to take next. You may find additional information
burn to the eyes: Go to the topic
Burns to the Eye.
Does your child have a second-degree burn that is larger than a quarter?Note: Call your doctor today to determine if a visit is needed. Your doctor may not need to see you for your burn, but he or she will want to ask you questions to determine the seriousness of the burn and what steps you need to take next.