Cold Temperature Exposure - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- What was the weather when you were outdoors and your symptoms began?
- How long were you exposed to cold temperatures?
- Have you had cold injuries before? Do you have any continuing problems because of them?
- What first aid home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- If your skin was frozen, how long was it frozen? Did it rewarm? Did it get frozen again?
- Were you using any illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco at the time of your cold exposure?
- Are you currently taking any medicine? If so, are you following the prescribed dosage and schedule? Has there been any recent change in your dosage or schedule?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 20, 2015
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Cold Temperature Exposure Topics