First Aid Kit for Travelers - Topic Overview
What you pack in your first aid kit will depend on where and how long you plan to travel and the medical care available there. Here is a general list of items to include.
- Insect repellent
Sunscreen (SPF 30 to 50) and lip screen
- Oral rehydration solution packets
- Basic first aid items (adhesive bandages, gauze, elastic bandage, antiseptic, tweezers)
- Antibacterial hand wipes
- Moleskin for blisters
- Extra pair of prescription glasses or contacts
Talk to your doctor about which of the following medicines to include and how to take them:
Other items that may be useful in certain circumstances:
- Mild sedative
- Antianxiety medicine
- High-altitude sickness preventive medicine
- Water purification tablets or water filtering system
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
First Aid Kit for Travelers Topics