Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What type of insect or spider bit or stung you? Be prepared to describe it.
- When were you bitten or stung? How many times were you bitten or stung? Where on your body were you bitten or stung?
- Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to a similar bite or sting?
- What are your main symptoms?
- When did your symptoms begin? How have your symptoms developed, progressed, or changed since the bite or sting?
- What home treatment have you tried for the bite or sting? Did it help?
- What prescription or nonprescription medicines have your tried on the bite? Did they help?
- Have you traveled recently?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
June 04, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites Topics