Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What type of insect or spider bit or stung you?
Be prepared to describe it.
- When were you bitten or stung? How many
times were you bitten or stung? Where on your body were you bitten or stung?
- Have you ever had a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to a similar bite or
- What are your main symptoms?
- When did your
symptoms begin? How have your symptoms developed, progressed, or changed since
the bite or sting?
- What home treatment have you tried for the bite
or sting? Did it help?
- What prescription or nonprescription
medicines have your tried on the bite? Did they help?
- Have you
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
October 25, 2012
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Insect Bites and Stings and Spider Bites Topics