Nosebleeds - Check Your Symptoms
Call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care. For example, call if:
- You passed out (lost consciousness).
Call your doctor now or seek immediate medical care if:
- You get another nosebleed and your nose is still bleeding after you have applied pressure 3 times for 10 minutes each time (30 minutes total).
- There is a lot of blood running down the back of your throat even after you pinch your nose and tilt your head forward.
- You have a fever.
- You have sinus pain.
Watch closely for changes in your health, and be sure to contact your doctor if:
- You get nosebleeds often, even if they stop.
- You do not get better as expected.
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
August 07, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.