Nosebleeds - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- How often do you have nosebleeds?
- When was your last
- How long do your nosebleeds usually last? Do you swallow
- What do you think may be causing your
- Have you had a nose injury?
- What home
treatment measures have you tried to stop the nosebleeds? Did they
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take? Are
you taking aspirin, warfarin (such as Coumadin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), clopidogrel (Plavix), or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)? Do you take herbal supplements or vitamins?
Bring a list of your medicines with you to your appointment.
- Do you
have a family history of bleeding problems?
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
March 22, 2011
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.