Puncture Wounds - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your
doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you
had your symptoms?
- How and when did the puncture wound occur? Have
you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you have any continuing
problems because of the previous injury?
- What object caused the
puncture wound? Was there or is there an object in the puncture wound? Was the
object removed in one piece? Did the injury occur under high
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they
- What prescription and nonprescription medicine do you
- Were drugs or alcohol involved in your
- When was your last
- Do you have any
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 16, 2010
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2013 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.