Snake and Lizard Bites - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for your appointment
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you know what type of snake or lizard bit you? What did the snake or lizard look like? How big was the snake or lizard? Did it rattle?
- When did the bite occur?
- Where were you bitten?
- How many times were you bitten?
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you had your symptoms?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- Have you been treated for a snakebite in the past? If yes, what type of treatment did you receive?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicine do you take?
- How long ago was your last tetanus shot?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
September 09, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Snake and Lizard Bites Topics