Swallowed or Inhaled Objects - Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What was swallowed or inhaled? What was the size of the object?
- When did it happen?
- What are your main symptoms? How have the symptoms changed since swallowing or inhaling the object?
- Did your symptoms come on gradually or suddenly?
- Have you had a change in your bowel habits?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise
November 14, 2014
This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor.
Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this
© 1995-2015 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Swallowed or Inhaled Objects Topics