A toxic reaction occurs when insect or spider venom acts like a
poison in the body. This type of reaction can occur from one bite or sting from
a highly toxic insect or spider, or from multiple bites or stings from insects
or spiders not normally considered poisonous.
Symptoms of a toxic reaction vary depending on the insect or spider,
the toxicity of the venom, and the amount of venom injected. Most often
symptoms lessen or go away within 48 hours. Although hives and difficulty
breathing may occur in an allergic reaction, these symptoms will not occur in a
toxic reaction. It is possible to have both a toxic reaction and an allergic
reaction at the same time.
The side effects associated with laetrile treatment mirror the symptoms of cyanide poisoning. Cyanide is a neurotoxin that can cause nausea and vomiting, headache, Reviewed in  dizziness, Reviewed in cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin due to oxygen-deprived hemoglobin in the blood), liver damage,[4,5]hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure), Reviewed in [1,7]ptosis (droopy upper eyelid),[8,9]ataxicneuropathies (difficulty walking due to damaged nerves), fever, Reviewed...