Toxic Shock Syndrome Treatment
Call 911 if:
- The person shows signs of shock.
See Shock Treatment.
1. Seek Medical Help Immediately
Go to a hospital emergency room or see a doctor for these symptoms, especially if the person has been using tampons, a diaphragm, or contraceptive sponge or has a skin wound or infection:
- High fever that appears suddenly
- Muscle aches
- Sunburn-like rash
2. Follow Up
- The doctor will do an exam and blood tests.
- If toxic shock syndrome is diagnosed, the person will likely be hospitalized and treated with intravenous antibiotics.