Get Results with Fitness Walking
Easy-To-Do Exercise Brings a Bushel of Benefits
Walking Through Life continued...
Out and About
- Get off a stop or two early on the bus or subway, and walk the rest of the
- Park farther away at the shopping mall, and walk the extra distance.
- Walk around while waiting for a relative or friend's game to begin.
- Walk while waiting for the plane at the airport.
- See the sights in new cities by walking.
- At the beach, sit and watch the waves instead of lying flat. Better yet,
get up and walk, run, or fly a kite.
- When golfing, walk instead of using a cart.
Advice for Caregivers of Children
- Have kids walk to and from school.
- Provide time for activity in a school setting.
- Be an active role model.