If you have decided to get more active, congratulations! Making
that decision is an important first step in becoming a healthier person.
Keep these key points in mind:
- Being fit helps you look and feel your best and
reduces your risk for a heart attack, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and some
- Knowing why you want to get more active can help you make
- Start with small, short-term goals that you can reach
pretty easily. It's easier to stick to something new when you have early,
- Support from family and friends can go a long
way toward helping you find success in becoming more active. Don't be afraid to
let them know what you're trying to do-and ask for their help.
- If you're worried about how more activity might affect your
health, have a checkup before you start. Follow any special advice that your
doctor gives you for getting a smart start.