Heel slides help you regain your range of motion by stretching the muscles on top of your thigh. Do 2 to 4 repetitions several times during the day.
- Lie down on the floor or the bed with your leg flat.
- Slowly begin to slide your heel toward your buttocks, keeping your heel on the floor or bed. Your knee will begin to bend.
- Continue to slide your heel and bend your knee until it becomes a little uncomfortable and you can feel a small amount of pressure inside your knee.
- Hold this position for about 6 seconds.
- Slide your heel back down until your leg is straight on the floor or bed.
Primary Medical ReviewerWilliam H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerPatrick J. McMahon, MD - Orthopedic Surgery
Current as ofNovember 14, 2014