4 HIIT Workouts continued...
3. Burpee-Run Intervals
How to do a burpee: Start standing. Squat down and place both hands on the floor. Jump your legs back into a plank position. Jump your legs back up to your hands. Then stand and do a vertical jump with your arms raised.
Young says for every 3 minutes, you should:
- Do 10 burpees.
- Run 400 meters.
Use any remaining time after the run as rest. Do 4 to 6 rounds.
4. HIIT Boxing Workout
Miele-Pascoe created this drill. You’ll need a jump rope and a punching bag.
- Jump rope for 1 minute. For the last 30 seconds, jump as fast as you can.
- Do 40 crunches quickly.
- Move on to 20 push-ups.
- Do 15 jump squats -- lower into a squat position, jump up quickly, and go back to a squat. Repeat.
- Rest for no less than 30 to 45 seconds.
- Jump rope, same as above.
- Hit the heavy bag for 1 minute.
- Do 15 push-ups.
- Go straight to 25 jumping jacks.
- Finish with 25 crunches.