Knee Injury and Meniscus Tear
How Can I Prevent a Meniscus Tear?
Meniscus tears are tough to prevent, since they're usually the result of an accident. But some precautions might lower the risks of a knee injury. You should:
- Keep your thigh muscles strong with regular stretching.
- Give your body time to rest between workouts. Fatigued muscles can increase your risk of injury.
- Make sure your shoes have enough support and fit correctly.
- Stretch before and after physical activity.
- Never abruptly increase the intensity of your workout. Make changes slowly.