You may be able to prevent athlete's foot:
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Dry between your toes after swimming or bathing. Use a hair dryer.
- Wear shoes or sandals that allow air to circulate around your feet.
- Use talcum powder or an antifungal powder on your feet.
- Allow shoes to dry for 24 hours before you wear them again.
- Wear socks to absorb sweat. White socks do not prevent athlete's foot.
- Wear a clean pair of socks every day.
- Wear thongs or shower sandals in public pools and showers.
Primary Medical ReviewerWilliam H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerH. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine
Current as ofMarch 12, 2014