Try this in a whole-wheat pita pocket with fresh spinach and sliced red onion.
Yield: 3 servings
Total Time: 15
Prep Time: 15
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 8-ounce can chickpeas, (3/4 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini or olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and cumin in a bowl. Stir in tuna, chickpeas and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 220 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono ); 18 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 531 mg sodium; 392 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Folate (23% dv), Iron & Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
Special Health Considerations:
Diabetes Appropriate - Healthy Weight - Low Cholesterol - Low Sat Fat - Low Carb - Low Calorie - Heart Healthy - Gluten Free Diet