- Stand with a chair in front of you and a wall behind you. If you begin to fall, you may use them for support.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart (as you normally stand) and your arms at your side.
- Turn one half-circle (180 degrees).
- Stop for 10 seconds or, if you feel dizzy, until the dizziness goes away.
- Do this 5 times. The first time you do this exercise, turn to the right, and the second time, turn to the left. Which makes you dizzier? Then concentrate on turning the direction that makes you feel dizzier.
When it is easy for you to do this exercise, try doing it away from the wall. You can also try doing the exercise on a mat or other soft surface.
Primary Medical ReviewerAnne C. Poinier, MD - Internal Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerE. Gregory Thompson, MD - Internal Medicine
Current as ofNovember 14, 2014