Chocolately goodies that won't do in your diet.
What do you do when you need a chocolate fix (gotta have it!) but only want to invest 100 calories or so? It's not an impossible dream. Take it from a veteran chocoholic: You’ve got quite a few tasty options for 100-calorie chocolate treats.
When you're trying to cure your chocolate craving, the key questions to ask yourself are:
- Do you absolutely need creamy, melt-in-your-mouthchocolate -- or will just the flavor of chocolate do? If it's gotta be the real thing, take a look at the "real chocolate" options below.
- Do you want something that's cold and refreshing as well as chocolatey? Then check out the frozen chocolate treats and chocolate dairy choices below.
- Are you in a hurry butstill need a shot of chocolate? Look through my grab-and-go suggestions below.
- Will only chocolate cake or cookies calm your craving?Take a look at the 100-calorie chocolate recipes at the end of this article.
100-Calorie Real Chocolate Options
When only real chocolate will suffice, try:
- Nestle "Dark" Raisinets:1/8 cup has 90 calories, 1 g fiber, 4 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, and 16 g carbohydrates.
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Kisses:4 kisses have 89 calories, 0.5 g fiber, 5 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, and 11 g carbohydrates.
- Hershey’s Sticks (they come in several flavors, including milk chocolate): 1 stick (11 g) has 60 calories, 0 g fiber, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, and 6 g carbohydrates.
100-Calorie Chocolate Dairy Options
These chocolate options are cool and comforting:
- Chocolate milk made with 2/3 cup 1% milk, 4 teaspoons Lite Hershey’s Syrup, and lots of ice: 100 calories, <1 g fiber, 1.7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, and 17.5 g carbohydrates.
- Sugar-free instant chocolate pudding made with fat-free milk: 1/2 cup has 80 calories, <1 g fiber, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, and 13 g carbohydrates.
- Yoplait Whips Yogurt comes in several chocolate flavors: Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Cherry, and Chocolate Raspberry. Two-thirds of a container has 100 calories, 0 g fiber, 2.5 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, and 16 g carbohydrates.