Total Time: 20 mins
Drizzle this creamy sauce over steamed or micro-cooked veggies for a tasty change of pace.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Step 1
- In a small saucepan, blend flour with 2 tablespoons of the milk or half-and-half to form a smooth paste. Using a wire whisk, slowly blend in remaining milk until smooth. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Step 2
- Reduce heat and add cheeses, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir until well blended and cheese has melted.
- Step 3
- Remove from heat and use as desired.
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.