4. Meanwhile, season salmon pieces with salt and pepper. Sear fish in a preheated pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes per side.
5. Uncover couscous. Fluff with a fork, and add parsley. Add olive oil and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon one serving of couscous onto each plate and top with a piece of salmon.
428 calories, 23 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 g fiber, 257 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%
Savory Stuffed Crêpes
Makes 4 servings
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (optional)
8 premade crêpes
8 (1-ounce) slices lean turkey breast
1 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Lightly coat a pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, sauté mushrooms about 5 minutes until they release their liquid. Add spinach and sauté lightly 2 minutes until wilted. Season with thyme, if desired, and remove from heat.
3. Place one crêpe on a clean counter. Add 1 slice of turkey, a sprinkle of cheese, and a spoonful of the mushroom and spinach mixture. Fold sides in to make a rectangular pillow shape and then roll over. Place crêpe, folded side down, in a baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Repeat until all crêpes are assembled. Top crêpes with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
171 calories, 19 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 320 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 41%
A frittata is a hearty dish with plenty of protein. Eggs are also a good source of bone-building vitamin D. Serve with a tossed green salad with lots of colorful chopped veggies.
Chicken and Broccoli Frittata
Makes 4 servings
3/4 cup chopped broccoli florets
1 cup low-fat milk
3/4 cup cooked, diced chicken breast
1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese