Pork Chops with Orange & Fennel Salad
Fennel seed-crusted pork chops with a warm citrus-and-fresh-fennel salad is a terrific antidote to a dreary winter day. To keep calories down (and satisfying protein up) select the leanest chops you can find, preferably from the loin.
- Pork Chops with Orange & Fennel Salad (257 calories)
With a choice of either:
- Cauliflower & Couscous Pilaf (162 calories)
- Quinoa with chopped fresh tarragon (1/2 cup) (111 calories)
Followed by one of these:
Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce
Here, we roast grapes to bring out their succulent sweetness, then combine them with thyme, mustard and Madeira in an easy, savory sauce for pork tenderloin.
- Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Grape Sauce (298 calories)
Served with either:
- Pearl barley (1/2 cup) (97 calories)
- Crushed Red Potatoes with Buttermilk (85 calories)
Accompanied by one of these:
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated In Spicy Soy Sauce
These sweet and spicy soy sauce-marinated pork tenderloin medallions make for a delicious, healthful and elegant entree. Try this marinade with chicken also. We love the flavor and heat of Thai red chiles -- small red or green chiles, about 11/2 inches long. Look for them in well-stocked supermarkets and Asian markets.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated In Spicy Soy Sauce (170 calories)
Accompanied by either:
- Japanese Cucumber Salad (46 calories)
- Steamed snow peas with a splash of reduced-sodium soy sauce (1/2 cup) (35 calories)
Served with one of these:
- Wild Rice with Shiitakes & Toasted Almonds (158 calories)
- Brown rice with a drizzle (1 teaspoon) of sesame oil (1/2 cup) (149 calories)
Topped off with either:
Lamb Chops with Lebanese Green Beans
Simple pan-roasted lamb chops are served alongside spiced stewed green beans and tomatoes in a riff on a Lebanese favorite, lubiyeh.
- Lamb Chops with Lebanese Green Beans (327 calories)
Served with either:
- Whole-Grain Rice Pilaf (97 calories)
- Bulgur tossed with chopped fresh mint (1/2 cup) (96 calories)
Topped off with one of these: