A piquant South American sauce, aji complements almost any dish in which plain hot sauce might be used.
- 10 scallions, (white part plus 1/2 inch of green), very finely chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, or jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Step 1
- Combine scallions, chiles, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice and salt to taste in a small bowl.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com