This colorful asparagus and radish salad is dressed with a sesame-soy vinaigrette. Pair it with grilled shrimp and rice noodles.
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 dashes Asian red chile sauce, such as sriracha (optional)
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- Step 1
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water and place by the stove. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket.
- Step 2
- Thinly slice asparagus stalks on the diagonal, leaving the tips whole. Place in the steamer basket and steam until tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer the asparagus to the ice water. Drain.
- Step 3
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, ginger and chile sauce (if using) in a large bowl. Add the asparagus, radishes and scallion; toss to combine. Serve warm or room temperature.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com