- 1 apple, green or red
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, or canola margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, or walnuts
- Step 1
- Remove the core of the apple with an apple corer and slice 1/4 inch off of the apple bottom (to make a flat bottom). Place apple upright in a microwave-safe soup or salad bowl.
- Step 2
- Blend 1 tablespoon of softened butter or canola margarine, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 3 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts together in a custard cup.
- Step 3
- Fill the core of the apple with the mixture (there is enough to fill 3 apples). Cover apple with plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH until apple is tender (about 3 minutes).
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.