- 4 medium russet potatoes, with a couple of fork punctures in each
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 4 green onions, (the white and part of the green), chopped; or 1/4 cup chopped chives
- to taste black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed (optional)
- 4 strips crisp turkey bacon, broken into bits (optional)
- mushroom slices, sautéed in wine or broth (optional)
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potatoes into microwave/convection oven and set it to sensor cook for "hard vegetables" (or microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes or until tender).
- Step 2
- Rub a little oil on the outside of each potato. Set them on a baking sheet and let the outside crisp up in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 3
- Set out all of your potato fixings on the table along with the baked potatoes (options include shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, black pepper, broccoli florets, crisp turkey bacon broken into bits, sautéed mushrooms, etc.)
© 2015 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.