WebMD Recipe from EatingWell.com
This fanciful reinterpretation of pulled pork uses chicken and lots of tomato sauce. Have sliced jalapenos, sliced red onions and some sour cream on hand to top this hearty main course.
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, chopped, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Step 1
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Step 2
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- Step 3
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more recipes go to EatingWell.com